Contest Theme: “Strike a Pose – Dancers in Action”
The Photography Contest will be part of the many events held by Canadian Tamil Youth Alliance’s (CTYA) Arts and Culture Council in part of Thaalam 2012. Arts and Culture Council is now accepting photographs that capture and display dancers in action.
This competition is open to all Tamil youth between the ages of 13 and 30. Submissions will be accepted until 6:00pm on Wednesday, May 23, 2012. All submissions will be uploaded on Facebook and will be open to be voted by audiences. The individual who submits the winning photograph will be rewarded two complimentary tickets to Thaalam 2012.
- The contest is open to all youth between the ages of 13 and 30.
- Submissions can be made by either the dancer captured in the photo or the photographer.
- Applicants may only submit one submission to the contest. Submissions must be original.
- Photographs must be submitted as attachments to email@example.com with the photographer’s name, age, contact information and a brief description of the photograph.
- All photos submitted to be part of the Photography Contest will be accepted no later than 6:00pm on Wednesday, May 23, 2012.
- Photography is prohibited from containing any inappropriate language or image that may be discriminatory, harassing or offensive in nature. CTYA retains the right to disqualify any submissions believed to be inappropriate or offensive.
- The submitted photography entries will be subject to approval by Arts and Culture Council of CTYA.
- The winning photograph may be used or displayed in CTYA’s publications, blog and other material.
- Upon submission of the Photograph entry to the Canadian Tamil Youth Alliance (“CTYA”), the photographers(s) grant(s) full property rights of the Photograph over to the CTYA. For further clarification, the photographer acknowledges that CTYA has the right to reproduce the Photograph in whole or in part, and to display the Photograph to the public through any other digital forms, whether or not in combination with the works of others.
- All submissions must reflect the contest theme: “Strike a Pose – Dancers in Action.”
- In the event that a submission contains materials that are not owned by the submitter, the applicant is responsible for obtaining consent from the third parties prior to submitting the entry.
- Winners will be determined through online voting that will take place on CTYA’s Fan Page on Facebook. The entry which receives the most “Likes” will be the winning entry.
- In the event that the difference in votes between the photographs with the most “Likes” appears to be less than 10 “Likes”, Arts and Culture Council will announce tie breakers.
CTYA’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/CanTamilYouth