Canadian Tamil Youth Alliance (CTYA) is seeking dynamic individuals who are responsible, enthusiastic and creative to join our Board of Directors. We are seeking for candidates that can utilize their experience, skills, and passion to empower youth to provide new innovative ideas and enhance the delivery of our services.
CTYA will be holding elections for Board of Directors at our next Annual General Meeting in September 2012.
The following positions are available for nomination:
President – 1 position
Vice President Communication – 1 position
Vice President Events – 1 position
Vice President External – 1 position
Vice President Finance – 1 position
Vice President Membership Development – 1 position
Arts/Culture – 3 positions
Athletics – 3 positions
Education/Career Development – 3 positions
Human Rights Advocacy – 3 positions
Tamil Nation Development – 3 positions
General Council Values:
• Regularly attends monthly board meetings and committee related meetings.
• Makes serious commitment to participate actively in developing the council and engaging membership.
• Volunteers to accept assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
• Stays informed about committee matters, prepare themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
• Gets to know other committee members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
• Actively participates in the committee’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
• Must be an individual member of CTYA.
• In depth understanding of CTYA’s mission and accomplishments.
• Able to plan, manage and execute CTYA’s mission and vision in collaboration with
Board members, general members and the community.
• A strong dedication to empower youth.
• Strong leadership and communication skills.
• Ability to commit a minimum 3-5 hours per week.
• Team building skills and previous experience in a group atmosphere is an asset.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for nomination packages. All nominations must be submitted through e-mail by Sunday, August 19, 2012.